On April 10th 2019, the Event Horizon Telescope (EHT) Collaboration will present its first results in multiple simultaneous press conferences around the world, and many satellite events organized by its stakeholder and affiliated institutions. Press conferences will be held simultaneously in Brussels (in English), Lyngby (in Danish), Santiago (in Spanish), Shanghai (in Mandarin), Tokyo (in Japanese), Taipei (in Mandarin), and Washington D.C. (in English), starting at 13:00 UTC.
For more details regarding particular press events, please follow the links below:
- Brussels: media advisory from the European Research Council, European Southern Observatory, and Max Planck Institute for Radio Astronomy
- Lyngby: media advisory from Greenland Telescope Denmark
- Santiago: media advisory from the ALMA Observatory
- Shanghai: media advisory from the Shanghai Astronomical Observatory, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Taipei: media advisory from the Institute of Astronomy and Astrophysics, Academia Sinica
- Washington D.C.: media advisory from the US National Science Foundation
Major press conferences will be streamed live online via the following channels:
- Brussels: European Comission Youtube Channel, ESO's website and Facebook
- Santiago: ALMA website and social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube)
- Taipei: Academia Sinica channels on Youtube and Facebook
- Tokyo: National Astronomical Observatory of Japan channels on Youtube and Niconico
- Washngton: US National Science Foundation Live Stream and Youtube channel
An EHT press release will be publicly issued shortly after the start of the press conferences on April 10th. Translations of the press release will be available in multiple languages from our partner institutions, along with extensive supporting audiovisual material. A summary of latest press and media resources can be found on this page. Please follow our updates on social media, on Twitter (@ehtelescope, #EHTblackhole), Facebook (@ehtelescope), and Youtube channel.