Simultaneous press conferences will announce groundbreaking results from the Event Horizon Telescope Collaboration, those will be synchronised at 13:00 Universal Time on May 12th, 2022. Those will be held in collaboration with the USA National Science Foundation, the European Southern Observatory, the Joint ALMA Observatory, and other funding agencies and institutions. These events will also be streamed online. A selection of the events is listed, by alphabetical order of location (local times are provided).
- Garching bei München, European Southern Observatory, see ESO Media Advisory (15:00 CEST) - Live streaming at ESO Website and ESO YouTube Channel
- Mexico City, CONACyT, see CONACyT Media Advisory (08:00 CDT) - Live streaming at CONACyT YouTube Channel
- Santiago de Chile, Joint ALMA Observatory, see ALMA Media Advisory (09:00 CLT)
- Shanghai, Shanghai Astronomical Observatory, see Shanghai Astronomical Observatory Media Advisory (21:00 CST)
- Taipei, Academia Sinica Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics (21:00 CST), see YouTube Live Streaming.
- Tokyo, National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (22:00 JST), see YouTube Live Streaming.
- Washington D.C., National Press Club, see National Science Foundation Media Advisory (09:00 EDT) - Live streaming at NSF Webpage and NSF Facebook
Additional events are planned, among them:
For further information, please follow the links above.
Update (May 12th, 2022): The press release describing the new results can be found here.